W5H Global Inc adheres to a strict code of ethics as central to the service we render and we accept responsibility for conduct and behaviour designed to serve the cause of truth and justice.
We respect the dignity of all persons and strive to be fair, just and impartial at all times.
W5H Global Inc conducts business in terms of the following principles:
- To maintain the highest standards of moral, ethical and professional conduct and to be governed by laws of equity and justice in the performance of all functions.
- To respect the inherent dignity of all mankind; to deal justly, fairly and impartially with each individual, irrespective of social, political, racial, ethic or religious considerations, economic status, or physical characteristics.
- To conduct our professional duties and obligations with independence, dignity, and self-respect; to keep all decisions and reports scrupulously free from any personal, financial, political, fraternal, social or other influences.
- To refrain from false or misleading advertising; to accept no remuneration for services rendered unless such be fair and responsible.
- To support to the best of their ability the professional goals of W5H Global Inc, The American Polygraph Association and the South African Professional Polygraph Federation: to support scientific research in the polygraph field; through word and deed to elevate the status of the polygraph profession.
As an associate member of the American Polygraph Association (APA), W5H Global Inc also adheres to their international Code of Conduct:
Restrictions on Examinations
A member shall not conduct a polygraph examination when there is reason to believe the examination is intended to circumvent or defy the law.
A member shall not solicit or accept fees, gratuities, or gifts that are intended to influence his or her opinion, decision, or report.
No member shall set any fee for polygraph services which is contingent upon the findings or results of such services, nor shall any member change his or her fee as a direct result of his or her opinion or decision subsequent to a polygraph examination.
Standards of Reporting
A member shall not knowingly submit, or permit employees to submit, a misleading or false polygraph examination report.
Each polygraph report shall be a factual, impartial, and objective account of information developed during the examination, and the examiner’s professional conclusion based on analysis of the polygraph data.
A member shall not knowingly make, publish, or cause to be published, any false or misleading statements or advertisements relating to the Association or the polygraph profession.
No member shall make any false representation as to category of membership in the Association, their credentials, their licensure, and their certification status.
All advertisements making reference to membership in the Association shall also list the category of membership.
Release of Non-relevant Information
A member shall not disclose to any person any irrelevant personal information gained during the course of a polygraph examination which has no connection to the relevant issue and which may embarrass or tend to embarrass the examinee, except where such disclosure is required by law.
Restrictions on Examination Issues
A member shall not include in any polygraph examination, question intended to inquire into or develop information on activities, affiliation, or beliefs on religion, politics, or race, except where there is relevancy to a specific investigation.
APA Oversight Authority
A member who administers or attempts to administer any polygraph examination in violation of the Code of Ethics or the Standards of Practice may be subject to investigation, censure, suspension, expulsion, or other discipline as deemed appropriate, as provided by the APA Bylaws.
Applicants for membership and existing members are required to be truthful in any written communications with the APA.
Polygraph examiners who have multiple types of credentials shall avoid dual roles with examinees, and shall limit their involvement to one professional role with each examinee.